What is the Windows Installer 3.1 and why do I need it?
The Get Connected installer requires Windows Installer 3.1 or higher. This component comes with Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, but older versions of Windows XP might require that it be installed.
The Get Connected installer should prompt you to install this component if it is
needed, but you can also follow these instructions to install it manually.
- Download the Windows Installer 3.1 update by clicking
- When prompted save the Windows Installer 3.1 update to your Desktop.
- Double click the Windows Installer 3.1 update (WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe)
to start the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.
- You may need to restart your computer to complete the installation.